July Favourites - Winter Product Loves


I've been really slacking on the monthly wrap up posts lately but I did such a hefty effort on destashing and using samples and other products that my empties posts have now become pretty... well empty.  I thought I should catch up on my favourites for the month though which hasn't changed too much throughout winter and are really great for this chilly weather.

Shara Shara Honey Bomb All in One Ampoule - I bought this product a little while ago and have been using it fairly solidly since, I've still only used a little bit of the jar so I'm pleased with how plentiful it is.  The Honey Bomb smells luscious and feels so ultra moisturising on my skin, it works like a mask really.  I've had noticeably softer skin since using it however I cannot vouch for its anti-aging or brightening properties as of yet.

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation - I've actually changed my mind a little bit about this product since taking this photo, the Skin Base Foundation is proving to be a real hit or miss product for me lately so I'm trying to take note of the best ways to apply it and products to compliment it.  It's quite a nice foundation though but it does settle into some lines in my skin so you'll want a good smoothing primer if you have very textured skin.  I'd guess that the coverage is around medium but I've been using so many BB creams lately that it feels like a very heavy duty option for me!

Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof Mascara - I'm pretty sure this is now at holy grail status for me, I'm really pleased with how well this mascara performs (you can read more in my mascara review here) and combined with the low price, I'm really not interested in playing the field any further.

Benefit Benebalm - A really awesome product during winter for me, this Benebalm is so soft and moisturising, has a lovely fragrance (a bit of a rosy scent compared to most fruity/sugary scents with balms) and provides the perfect colour for my lips when I'm going for a more natural look for the day (which is common for me in winter, the longer I can spend in bed, the better).


Here's a lip swatch of the Benebalm so you can see it better.  I'm also wearing the Illamasqua Skin Base foundation here so you can get a bit of an idea of how it looks.

Benefit Benetint - The predecessor to all the Benefit tints and balms, this is also a really awesome product and a great winter staple for me.  I just tap a bit on my cheeks to bring some colour back into it without looking too over-the-top.  This product also has that slightly rosy scent which I really love.  You can also use this to stain your lips but it is a very mild lip stain.

Etude House Tear Drop Powder - I bought this product a fair while ago but didn't use it much until recently and I am loving the shit out of it (I've used it recently in my FOTD post last week).  It's the perfect touch of shimmer/glitter for the inner eyes or even for dusting under the eyelid for and it's great for creating a cute Korean-inspired eye look.

Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil - LOVE this product, this oil is the bees knees.  Previously I was adamant against buying pre-packaged face oils because they were often so expensive (this one is cheap in Japan but little more expensive online) but this is well worth the cost.  The ingredients list is quite light so it's unlikely to break most skin types out, it also has an emulsifier which is a benefit over just plain oils because it'll be easier to wash off your face and any cloths you might use to cleanse your face.  This product removes all my make up, cleans my pores right out and creates a fresh slate for my skin care routine without breaking my skin out in any pesky closed comedones or pimples.

That's everything, I skimped a bit on the photo taking for this post but I didn't have too many products to go over so I thought I'd save you guys the bandwidth and save myself the hassle!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment