FOTD - A few of my favourite things


Lately I've been feeling like I've lost my groove when it comes to doing my makeup.  I've kept things pretty minimal for the past few months that when I recently whipped out some eyeliner to do a bold winged look, it really fell short and I was pretty bummed out.

I've been practicing a bit more this week to try and get back into the swing of things because really, doing your makeup is like any other activity, you've gotta constantly stay on it and hone your skills!  It's also been some time since I've done a face of the day post so I brought out some of my favourite products to encourage me to get back into it.



Here's some of the products I've used for my look:

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette is something I've featured before on my blog, it's a really lovely palette filled with rose and gold shades and I really love almost all the colours in this palette, it was my first Urban Decay product and although it's a bit pricey I don't regret the purchase.

MAC Blush in Sideshow You is part of the limited The Simpsons range, I actually won this in a competition and I love the heck out of it.  Sadly I don't think it's made it into MAC's permanent range so it'll be a sad day when I finally finish this product (which seems to be in a few years from now since I've used it a fair bit and I've barely made a dip, go MAC)

Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Fuchsia is not really a colour I'd choose but it came in a mini gift set, damn this formula is nice.  Unfortunately not all of the Melted lipsticks are the same consistency but fuchsia and nude are really very forgiving on dry lips, quite hydrating, long lasting and leave a great stain behind.

Diamond Lash Glue is another product I've featured here a lot, just a really solid lash glue that's never let me down.  I've tried many brands and kinds and they just don't compare to this.

Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure is a sensitive skin version of the standard Primed and Poreless primer.  I really love this primer but I don't really notice much of a difference between the normal one and the pure version so I think I'll just go back to the standard one after this.  The standard one was my favourite primer in my big Battle of the Pore Fillers post.

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation is a pretty new purchase for me, I'm really liking it so far but I haven't quite made a final verdict.  I was recommended the 3.5 shade which I think is just slightly too yellow for my skin tone but other than that, the formula is great and the coverage is lightweight but effective.

Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara is my new holy grail mascara.  I have stubby lashes that don't keep a curl and after sampling countless mascaras, I've found this one to be my favourite.  You can read more about why I love it here.

Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder is a great finishing powder that is beloved by many.  I've talked about this before, it's just a great lightweight powder that helps mattify and finish off your overall look.

Benefit Benetint is a really lovely rosy red tint with a beautiful scent.  It's really great if you're going for a sheer cheek and tint colour and works well in winter or for dry skin as it brings some colour to your face without looking cakey.

Etude House Tear Drop Powder is a really lovely glitter that is cheap and lightweight!  It's really great to apply along the bottom lid or in the corner of your eyes just to bring out a cute sparkle for more showy looks.


Here's a closeup shot of my eye makeup.  My brows are a little patchy today but they're a combo of the Illamasqua Brow Gel in Glimpse, Illamasqua Brow Cake in Stark and the Etude House Color My Brows in Red Brown (also topped off with some Essence clear brow gel so a total of 4 brow products and they still look scrappy, how good am I!)

For my eyeshadow I've used the shades Strange, Dust, Burnout, Trick and Factory from the Naked 3 palette and a touch of the Etude House Tear Drop Powder in the corner of my eyes.  My lashes are some random Daiso lashes



So that's it!  I feel pretty happy with my overall look especially because I'd been feeling so crappy lately, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment