Review - Cosmebox Rakuten Shop

I've been really interested in a few Japanese skin care products lately and have been trying to suss out a great place to get them for cheap.  Rakuten is a really great source for finding some hard-to-get Japanese products directly from Japan however shipping is often pricey so you'll want to try and nab all of your items from the same shop if possible.

I came across Cosmebox's shop which had all the products I was looking for, they do only offer EMS internationally though and no SAL, despite this, my order still came out quite a lot cheaper than if I sourced the products locally and also have some more hard to get items.

I placed my order on the 12/7 and opted for payment by credit card.  The seller will generally confirm shipping first before charging your card.  I received an email on the 13/7 to advise that they still needed to source some of the items and that the turnaround time may be up to a week, no worries.   On the 15/7 I received an email to confirm the shipping cost as everything was now in stock, I was billed that day and my product was shipped on the 16/7 and it arrived at my house on the 21/7, so it was really quite quick!

The order was packed securely, the only thing that bummed me out was no freebies!  Perhaps I've been ordering too much from Korean shops who always love to chuck in random samples.

My order included 2x Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oils, 1x Hada Labo Gokujyun Foaming Cleanser + one refill, 1x Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion refill, 1x Yamano Kohaku Hada Lotion and one Koji Eyelash curler.


Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil is a product I've tried before and I love it.  It's a lightweight oil cleanser, it has no ingredients that trigger any outbreaks for me (I suspect Rice Bran Oil might not like my skin and many oils have it, however this is very lean on the ingredients list, in a good way).  It cleanses off all my makeup perfectly and washes away well without leaving much residue behind.  The bottle is also well designed, it balances fine, isn't overly bulky and the pump top is great and not flimsy.   This is a 10/10 product for me so far and I don't see myself replacing it any time soon.


Hada Labo Gokujyun Foaming Cleanser is a product I've been meaning to try for a while, it's quite popular over at /r/asianbeauty as it's quite a gentle cleanser in a handy dispenser.  I've yet to try it so I can't speak of its efficacy yet but I will likely do a review after I've trialed it. 


Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion (Rich Version) is also a product I've been using for a while now which is why I ordered a refill baggie for it.  It's just the most perfect product, it's so very nourishing and it helps compliment your moisturising steps.  I pop this on before using any face creams or sheet masks and my skin is just a squishy moist sponge afterwards, who doesn't want that?


Yamano Kohaku Hada Lotion is an interesting product that I read about on Ratzilla Cosme, it's supposed to be a fancier version of the Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion but at a similar price point.  It does seem to be a little rarer than the Hada Labo lotion so that is a downside to it.  I've only tested this briefly so I can't speak about how well it works yet but it's a little lighter than the Gokujyun Lotion (rich type) and feels quite lovely, it has no discernible scent.


Koji Eyelash Curler in Wide Size was something I picked up because it was fairly cheap in the shop and my current eyelash really needed replacing.  It's pretty decent, I use it regularly now, it's not revolutionary or anything, the shape and width is great for my eyes, I've rarely pinched myself with this curler which is always nice.

Overall I'd recommend Cosmebox, my order was reasonably priced, considering the availability of these products, the timeframe was ultra quick and communication was very professional and prompt.  As for the products I ordered, I'll likely do full reviews on those too so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. You know what Lauren? I have 4 bottles of that same exact product you've got from Hada Labo. I got mine when I was in Singapore. Kose, Hada labo are pretty much everywhere in Singapore! They sell it in Watson (similar to Priceline here in Australia). Asians have a huge fascination over Korean & Japanese products. haha, That includes myself too hehe. Great pick, Lauren :)

    Hana | Bold Expression

    ReplyDelete