Cataloging my Lip Collection

I had a little bit of fun recently with my lip collection.  In a way to stop myself from hoarding the same shade a million times, I decided to make a little reference for all my different lip colours! Because this is on paper, it's not going to be the most accurate representation of each colour but it helps remind me how many I have of similar shades and helps me pick up some that I might be looking for to complete a certain look.


My previous list looked like this, I really liked it until I saw a user over at /r/makeupaddiction do a snazzier version with printed lip outlines.  I really loved the idea and sought to make my own but I couldn't find a resource for an appropriate lip outline.   My partner's a fair bit more skilled with AI so he managed to jazz up a vector image based on a similar, low res one that I found on the internet.

I've uploaded a copy of it here as a transparent PNG in case you want to do the same!


Here's the new and improved version!  It's a little gritty but I honestly liked it like that - partly because I'm a little messy but also because I like how it helps me remember the products texture a little better.  I hope to actually create a bit of a list somewhere on my blog so I can link off to any lip swatches I've done and keep track of how they look in person. 

4 comments:

  1. Love it! How did you apply the lipstick to the lip prints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma :D I just used a lip brush and cleaned it between applications.

      Delete
  2. Omg!!! I should surrender myself after seeing your colouring skills lol. When I did my makeup course last year, I started off good but I got panic when everyone else almost done & mine turned up sooo under average lol. I envy your patience :) You definitely put alot of effort into this. Good job, Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Hana! I started off being really careful and then I just kinda got a bit messier and messier! I intended for it to look a little imperfect but some are just way out of the lines lol! It was really fun though, I was watching some TV shows and just sat back swatching my collection, very therapeutic!

      Delete