FOTD Challenge with sample products

I had a lot of fun with my Asian Beauty FOTD challenge last week and decided to try and choose more themes to encourage my use of different products.  I've accumulated a lot of samples both sachets and deluxe sized ones and wanted to try just using them to create a whole look.


After having a play around, I settled on the following:

  • Too Faced's Primed and Poreless
  • Benefit's That Gal primer
  • NARS foundation in Siberia? (I thought this was Sheer Glow but it gave quite a matte effect so this might be a sample I nabbed when Sheer Matte was still in stores)
  • Benefit's Fake Up concealer
  • Benefit's Hoola bronzer
  • Benefit's Benetint (seriously Benefit are the gods of deluxe samples)
  • Benefit's Highbeam
  • Too Faced's Hot Mama blush/highlight
  • Too Faced's Shadow Insurance eye primer (not fussed on this)
  • Sugarpill eyeshadow samples in Magentric & Birthday Girl
  • Femme Fatale eyeshadow samples in Nightlash, Efflorescence & Archangel
  • Stila Stay All Day eyeliner
  • Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara
  • Benefit Bad Gal pencil liner
  • Etude House lip gloss



Here's the result!  I'm pleased with how it turned out.  I could've gone for a bit more coverage with the foundation as there's a bit of redness near my nose but no worries really.  I used the Benetint as both a blush and lip tint as I didn't want to go too bold with the lips.



Here you can see the eyeshadow a bit better.  It's not until I look at photos that I see my blending errors :(  I had trouble getting the Femme Fatale Efflorescent to work.  It's a duochrome so it photographed strangely and looks like I've got some gaps on my eyelid when there's really a shimmery purple shade there.  I liked how Nightlash worked with the Sugarpill eyeshadows though and Archangel made a nice brow bone shimmer (although it was pretty hard to photograph, its lovely and demure)



Cheat products - I had no sample eyebrow products and I couldn't go without eyebrows!  I used my usual Illamasqua Stark and brow gel that I go to for my normal FOTD's.

No comments:

Post a Comment