Mascarateer's Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty

I came across this post idea on Kittenish Girl's blog and it looked like a lot of fun, so I thought I'd give it a go!  I decided to change Lust to fit into the theme of being more about beauty products themselves.

GREED: What is your most expensive beauty item? What is your most inexpensive? 
 

Most expensive would probably be my Lorac Mega Pro.  I don't have a lot of very expensive products really.  The only high end items I have would be from my Lancome mascara set (which was a pretty good Christmas deal!).  You can see that this bad boy is well loved because it's my favourite thing to use since I got it.

Least expensive would probably be my Essence Eyebrow Designer pencils, they cost a measly $3.05!  Great products, sincerely hoping they branch out in colours.

WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?


Lip gloss for sure, I love how it looks and everything about it but I've never found a non sticky gloss, which I guess makes sense because then it wouldn't really be a gloss anymore!  It makes me not want to use them and then I feel guilty for not using them because they're so beautiful.

GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products? 


Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer would have to be my most delicious product.  I recently destashed by Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette but Chocolate Soleil has a super yummy smell, good enough to eat!  Second would have to be the NYX Matte Lip Creams, they don't look delicious but they smell like amazing caramel, I want to eat them.

SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?


I'd say that highlighting is a step I rarely do in my daily looks and probably one I should implement more.  I have a few different and lovely highlighting products that don't get enough love!

PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?


It would have to be a good brow powder or pencil.  I have super light eyebrows, to the point of being near invisible in person, so just being able to apply some colour there helps me feel more human.  I'm never afraid to leave the house without makeup but I tend to at least put some eyebrows on before I leave so people can understand my expressions! 
 
LUST: What product is at the top of your wishlist?

 Source: Mecca Website

Hana from Walk Over the Mountain also recently did a positive review on it which is making me want it even more!

ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
 

Right now I'm going through a bit of an Asian beauty craze, mostly for Korean products.  I've been shunning local make-up in order to save up and buy some lovely things from TesterKorea & RoseRoseShop!  I would really love to get some beautiful things from Etude House and I'd love a year supply of sheet masks.  I can dream, right? 

So there are my Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty, but if I'm being honest, I would say my most deadly sin would be not cleaning my brushes enough!  I really do try to keep them clean but then I get lazy and end up using my hands to apply my foundation, only Lisa Eldridge God can judge my sins!

If you end up sharing your sins, please do link them to me, I would love to read them too!

2 comments:

  1. I envy you Lauren!! Haha, You managed to get your hands on the Lorac Pro Mega Palette lol.

    Is the essence eyebrow pencil good? Good for sparse eyebrow?

    You're right on the chocolate soleil bronzer lol. Its super delicious & I have yet to hit man!!! Goesh!! Haha

    I might take your idea for my upcoming blog post. Can? Hehe. Sucha brilliant idea :) & thanks for mentioning my name & blog on your post 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Lorac eyeshadows before but I was really quite pleased with the quality, I've only had it for a short while and it's become pretty worn and torn now!

      I am really fond of the Essence eyebrow pencils, the only problem is that they only come in 3 colours :( They're so cheap and a really good texture, not too soft/waxy but not too hard, they're just right!

      Chocolate Soleil smells so good oooooohhhh!

      Definitely do this post, I'd love to read what your "sins" are haha! No worries about the mention, I really like to read your blog and I'd recommend it to others! :D

      Delete